Steven Fry is the Assistant Director of Customer and Digital Services at Salford City Council and one of the top 100 leading CIO’s in the country. Supporting the directly elected City Mayor delivering local public services and improving the lives of our fast growing and diverse 260,000 population, leading a department with over 400 staff, a net revenue budget of £30M and a capital investment programme of £2M p/a.
· Digital, Data and Technology department – Infrastructure, Devops, UX, SecOps, DataOps, Delivery Management, Application Support.
· Face to Face services – Leading 5 community hubs across the city with over 1m footfall combined.
· Council Tax department – Collecting over £170m per annum
· Business Rates department – Collecting over £150m per annum
· Housing Benefits and Council Tax support – Administering over 100m in benefits
· Print and postal services
· Organisational Innovation/Transformation lead
He is also a non-executive director at The Lowry and work as the Chief technology and Innovation officer HOST Salford (Home of Skills and Technology, our innovation and business incubation hub at Media City UK). Delivering on the HOST Cyber programme including the 24/7 security operations centre in partnership with Salford, HOST and IN4. Steven currently is a member of the GMCA Digital portfolio executive and the Digital Transformation board.
An experience senior leader with a demonstrated history of working in the government industry. Skilled in Service Delivery, Organisational redesign, regional Government, Digital, Business Transformation.